- Can Lower Cholesterol - Studies have shown that 1/2 teaspoon per day can lower LDL cholesterol.
- Helps Regulate Blood Sugar - Several studies suggest that it may have a regulatory effect on blood sugar, beneficial for people with Type 2 diabetes.
- Helps with Yeast Infection - In some studies, it has shown an amazing ability to stop medication-resistant yeast infections.
- Helps with Cancer Prevention - The U.S. Department of Agriculture in Maryland showed cinnamon reduced the proliferation of leukemia and lymphoma cancer cells.
- Aids Anti-Clotting - It has an anti-clotting effect on the blood.
- Provides Arthritis Relief - In a study at Copenhagen University, showed half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder combined with one tablespoon of honey every morning before breakfast had significant relief in arthritis pain after one week.
- Is Anti-Bacterial - When added to food, it inhibits bacterial growth and food spoilage.
- Aids Brain Health - One study found that smelling cinnamon boosts cognitive function and memory.
- Fights E. Coli - Researchers found that cinnamon fights the E. coli bacteria in unpasteurized juices.
- Is High in Nutrients - It is a great source of manganese, fiber, iron, and calcium.
Feb 22, 2013
Top Ten Benefits of Cinnamon
Did you know cinnamon: