The question is which ones to use and how to maximize your visibility.
If you are clear about your social media goals, it will not be a challenge to determine which channels would work best for your business. Thing to keep in mind when you are deciding - Where are your customers? Before you think of creating your business profile on a site, you need to think: Are my customers here? There is much variation in the demographics of social networks and you need to find out where your customers are so you can reach them effectively.
According to a Pew survey in 2015:
- Facebook has wide, global usage, but fewer young people are staying active.
- Instagram is a favorite among teens and young adults.
- Twitter is home to many information junkies and tech savvy people.
income, educated professionals.
- Pinterest has a user base which is 80% female dominated, most of whom have a higher income background.
- Google+ is a network with a predominantly older male user base.
- Vine is also a youth oriented platform.
- YouTube has an equal number of men and women, but men are more active users with wider preferences.
Twitter — news, gossip, tech updates
LinkedIn — B2B, recruitment agencies
Pinterest — Retail, DIY, culinary skills, art
YouTube — Luxury products, DIY, Home improvement, music,
Google+ — SEO, IT