- Bananas contain tryptophan which turns into serotonin after consumption.
- The boost in serotonin is an effective and natural way to reduce the effects of depression.
- Potassium in bananas greatly reduces the likelihood of getting muscle cramps.
- Bananas are a great source of calcium.
- Bananas have been known to reduce the prevalence of menstrual cramps.
- Bananas are high in vitamin B, promoting the production of white blood cells.
- Bananas contain a healthy amount of iron.
- The FDA says bananas can help lower blood pressure.
- Bananas contain pectin, which is a great digestion aid.
- Bananas are natural antacids and can calm heartburn.
- Bananas are one of the only foods that can combat the pain of stomach ulcers.
- Bananas are known to be natural protection against kidney disease and brittle bones.
- Bananas are high in antioxidants.
- Bananas can normalize blood sugar levels between meals.
- Rub the inside of a banana peel on a bug bite for quick itch relief.
- If you suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder, bananas can reduce the effects due to their high level of tryptophan.
- To quit smoking, help curb the withdrawals with the high
levels of vitamins, potassium, and magnesium in bananas.
(Make banana ice cream. Peel two bananas and put in freezer for an hour. Take out, slice, put in blender with two tablespoons peanut butter, or some chocolate chips, or bacon - blend, scoop, enjoy.)
Nov 13, 2015
Here are a few more facts about why bananas, nature's wonder fruit, are so good for us.